《人性的法则》作者罗伯特格林谈耐心
《人性的法则》作者:Robert Greene
Patience
耐心
A lot of people nowadays are really, really impatient. And the reason, I think, is—
现在很多人真的非常非常没有耐心。我认为原因是——
I have a lot of impatience myself,
我自己也很没有耐心,
so I can't preach about that.
所以我没资格去说教。
But the reason why I think it's gotten worse is:
但我觉得情况变得更糟的原因在于:
We're so used to the power of our phones,
我们已经太习惯手机、电脑的强大功能了,
of our computers,
以至于我们认为,
that we think everything should be happening quickly and instantly.
一切都应该快速、立刻发生。
If we have to wait five seconds to get a piece of information on the internet, we're going, Oh my God, it's taking so long. It takes so long to download!
如果我们在网上查个资料要等五秒钟,我们就会觉得,“天啊,怎么这么慢,下载怎么这么久!”
Whereas 20, 30 years ago,
但二三十年前,
you would have had to go to the library.
你得亲自去图书馆,
You would have to spend an hour to do it.
你得花一个小时去找资料。
You learned how to develop patience to find things.
那时候你学会了如何培养耐心去找答案。
But people are so impatient because everything is so quick, and easy, and powerful right now.
但现在人们太没有耐心了,因为一切都变得如此快捷、轻松、强大。
So you want to be able to slow things down.
所以你需要学会放慢节奏,
You want to have the ability to say,
你要拥有这样的能力去说:
If it's gonna take me an hour to learn this,
if I have to spend time practicing something that's tedious,
I'm okay with it.
I like the slowness.
I actually embrace the pain that's involved.
“如果我要花一个小时来学这个,如果我必须花时间去练习一些枯燥的东西,那也没关系。我喜欢这种慢节奏,我甚至欣然接受其中伴随的痛苦。”
So—learning anything, developing any skill—involves pain.
所以——学习任何东西、培养任何技能——都伴随着痛苦。
关键词:罗伯特格林谈耐心